Weekly read Wednesday

WHAT IS THIS LIFE

Happy Wednesday all. You know the drill.


 For starters, here are 11 awkward things about email. I genuinely believe this is one of the funniest things I've ever read on the internet. From the accidental hitting of the "reply all" button when you're message was significantly sarcastic to the daily struggle of deciding if the use of exclamations marks is ever okay; this article covers it all. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Finally! An answer to the question I ask myself daily: how difficult is it to get dressed in space?


In the Conditions of Creativity, Emotions vs Intellect and the Trap of Public Opinion, (just a simple 13 word title), composer Aaron Copland explains his understanding of the creative mind and how and why we create. I found this a reaffirming article which I'm sharing for those who create for a living. When there are people curing disease and saving the polar bears it's hard not to doubt the validity of our professions (not to mention the self doubt that comes with presenting your creations to an audience), but this article made me realise that creativity is a basic and important part of life. 

5 comments:

  1. did you see Brené Brown's TED talk on vulnerability? http://youtu.be/X4Qm9cGRub0
    I encourage anyone creative to watch it, and take a moment to embrace these messages. It took me a couple of times to watch it through to get a full grasp of her talk, but regarding creativity and emotions, it gave me an insight to embrace honesty and vulnerability within the self, so as to be free in creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I'll have a watch and let you know my thoughts.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody autocorrect...the removed comment said "11 awkward things about email...absolutely brilliant. X"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did x

      Delete

 

Instagram

Twitter